Following the registration of a new business with the Thai Ministry of Commerce, business owners need to review whether or not their company requires a special business license before commencing operations. There are a wide range of such licenses; the following are well-known examples:
- Food License: required of all restaurants preparing cooked meals for customers;
- Alcohol License: required of all businesses selling alcoholic drinks;
- Entertainment License: required of businesses providing live entertainment;
- Hotel License: required of businesses providing accommodation such as hotels and guesthouses;
- Food and Drug License: required of businesses which manufacture, import and/or sell food products, drugs, medical products/devices of any type;
- Foreign Business License: required of any business which is majority-owned by foreigners operating in Thailand.
Business licenses are issued by a wide range of government agencies, some located in Bangkok, and others at the local government level. CNX Legal, because of its many years’ experience in corporate & business law, will know the relevant requirements and procedures that affect your type of business and can arrange the needed licenses in an efficient and timely manner.